Mechanical Engineer / Designer
Interface Engineering is a progressive multi-discipline mechanical and electrical consulting firm known for sensitive resource use, advanced building science tools, and creative engineering solutions. We focus on innovative solutions for high performance buildings, and provide technical expertise through design, construction and operations. Our work demonstrates how creative collaboration can produce outstanding results.
We are seeking a Mechanical Engineer/ Designer to add to our dynamic and growing Washington, DC location.
Responsibilities will include (but may not be limited to):
- Preliminary mechanical design and layout
- Document delivery coordination
- Preliminary load calculations
- Researching commercially available equipment
- Design drafting
- Providing support to Senior Engineers
- Providing exemplary customer service to internal team members as well as clients
Qualified candidates will have:
- BSME or equivalent experience
- Developing knowledge of building codes
- Ability to perform multiple functions in a multi-deadline changing environment
- Ability to work effectively within a team orientated collaborative environment
Ideal candidates will have:
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit MEP
- EIT certification or interest in obtaining
- LEED accreditation or interest in obtaining
- Excellent communication and time management skills
Our Team Members are our greatest asset. For this reason we offer quality 100% employer paid medical (including alternative health care), dental and vision benefits coverage- as well as employer paid term life insurance & LTD insurance.
Interface also offers subsidized transportation benefits, academic & educational programs.
Work-life balance is an essential part of the Interface culture; we have a newly implemented sabbatical program which offers a cash bonus and paid time off at milestone anniversaries. We support multiple community outreach projects, sustainability committees, and fun year round off-site events. We provide generous PTO and 9 paid holidays annually.
At Interface, excellence is rewarded by our yearend bonus and 401(k) profit share program.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer