Sacred Heart Lower and Middle Schools
The Sacred Heart Lower and Middle School campus was the first Zero Energy school in California. The campus includes Stevens Library, the first Zero Energy Certified library in the country.
Client: WRNS Studio
Building Size: 85,000 sf
Project Cost: $30 million
Certifications: Campus: LEED Gold , Stevens Library: LEED Platinum + Zero Energy Certified
The Sacred Heart Lower and Middle School focuses on students grades first through eighth. The campus houses two classroom wings, an administrative wing, a multi-purpose building, and fine arts rooms. The school also includes Stevens Library, which used multiple energy conservation measures to achieve its recent Zero Energy certification through the International Living Future Institute.
News & Awards
- 2021 ASHRAE Golden Gate Technology Awards
- Peninsula Clean Energy All-Electric Leadership Award
- Acterra Business Environmental Award, Sustainable Built Environment, 2017
- Taking Conservation to Heart: Stevens Library
- Design Energy + Sustainability Citation Award, AIA San Francisco, 2014
- Green Building Award, San Mateo County, 2013