The Center provides essential support services to current athletes while influencing recruits who are deciding where to further their education. The center’s interior lighting highlights architectural features of the building to create an exciting and dynamic experience. Its three-story atrium combines accent lighting with color-changing LEDs and high-end lighting control systems.
To enhance thermal performance and meet energy code, the design changed to a dual skin façade (DSF). Motorized dampers naturally ventilate and control the flow of warm air between the walls. The center also utilizes a dedicated outside air system with heat recovery and a water cooled variable refrigerant volume system (VRV) to recover and transfer heat throughout the building.
News & Awards
- Engineering Excellence Honor Award, ACEC Oregon, 2011
- Section Guth Award, Illuminating Engineering Society of Oregon, 2011
- Honor Award, AIA National, 2011
- Edison Award for Excellence in Environmental Design, Illuminating Engineering Society of Oregon, 2011
- Best of the Best National Award: Architectural Design, McGraw-Hill Construction, 2010
- Grow: Citation, Architect, 2010
- Best of 2010, Architectural Design, Northwest Construction